Originals of the below-listed documents must be provided at the time of your interview:
Required Documents for ALL positions:
- High School or College Diploma or GED*
- DD-214 (if applicable)
- Valid Florida Driver License
- Social Security Card
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate and/or all name change documentation
- Naturalization Certificate (if applicable)
Additional Required Documents for Certified Positions (Corrections and Law Enforcement):
- Florida Basic Recruit Certificate
- Florida State Exam results
- BE TRUTHFUL– ANY false or undisclosed information provided by an applicant may result in automatic disqualification.
- List complete mailing addresses for residences and employers to include zip codes. (The background investigator will not attempt to determine street numbers, correct street spellings, apartment numbers, telephone numbers, email addresses or zip codes)
- We require six personal references that you have known for at least 3 years and are not family members. Valid email addresses for all personal references must be provided.
- List chronologically all previous employers for whom you have worked in the last 15 years including summer and part-time work. All time must be accounted for including periods of unemployment or volunteer time.
- The residence portion of the application must be completed for every address that you have lived during the past 10 years.
- The Hernando County Sheriff’s Office is only accepting online applications for employment. If you do not have a computer or one accessible to you, your local library is a great resource for internet and computer usage.
- Applicants will be notified by email of their progress through the application process. Please check your email frequently, and add our name to your safe senders list to avoid being considered junk mail.